Offer Your Expertise
Thank you for your interest in providing services to YouthQuest! We value our partnerships with organizations in the community as together we impact our youth for a better tomorrow.
Mission and Objectives
YouthQuest is a free, innovative after school enrichment program for youth in Genesee County, Michigan, managed by the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce (GRCC). Currently we are located in 15 schools in Carman-Ainsworth, Flint, Montrose and Mt. Morris. YouthQuest is made possible through the generous support of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, along with additional funders and donations.
The mission of YouthQuest is to provide children with opportunities to grow through safe, engaging and exciting after school learning experiences, surrounded with caring, responsible adults and sustained by an involved, contributing community. The program typically operates 3 hours per day, Monday – Thursday, usually between 3-6 PM.
We are looking for vendors (persons or organizations that provide a paid service at any YouthQuest site) who will help us to accomplish this mission by aligning safe, engaging and exciting learning experiences with our core program objectives:
- Traditional academic support (experiences focused on literacy, math, science, or social studies)
- Exploratory academic support (experiences that engage two or more of the traditional academic subjects)
- Enrichment through:
- Visual arts
- Performing arts
- Personal / individual physical fitness / sports / recreation
- Team physical fitness / sports / recreation
- Nutrition education
- Youth development: life skills, career awareness, technology, character education, or leadership
- Family involvement
- Service projects
Required Documentation: Background Checks, Certificate of Liability
ALL vendors and their staff working with children in YouthQuest are required to complete a fingerprint background check through the Genesee Intermediate School District (GISD). The fee for this LiveScan background check is currently $64 (subject to change by GISD) and is the responsibility of the vendor. Contact GISD at (810) 591-4400 to make an appointment. Note: Non-profit organizations will need to provide a copy of the background check(s) or provide a written statement on the organization’s letterhead confirming that the employee(s) have fulfilled this requirement. Previously approved vendors must annually provide a letter stating that the status of all representatives is unchanged from the original background check. (New staff must still complete the background check.) It is the responsibility of the vendor to report to YouthQuest any change in status of one of its representative and/or withdraw said individual(s) from providing services through their corporation or organization to YouthQuest.
All vendors must provide an EIN number OR all employees who work with the YouthQuest program will be asked to submit a copy of their driver’s license (front and back) and a social security number. These will be kept in secure files at the GRCC.
Additionally, all corporate and non-profit vendors who provide services at a YouthQuest site must supply a copy of their certificate of liability coverage showing the Genesee Area Focus Fund (the support organization of the GRCC’s YouthQuest program) as an “additional insured party” at $500,000 or more.
- Click here to download the application as a Word document. (Note: Electronic application with the Word document is preferred. Please do a “save as” including your organization name in the document title. If you are unable to use Microsoft Office Word, download the form in PDF format here.)
- Please complete the application and submit by one of the following options:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 810.877.6934
- Mail to YouthQuest, 4400 South Saginaw Street, Suite 1470, Flint, MI 48507